Friday, January 2, 2009

So Last Month

I know I just posted about the New Year and all, but let's back it up a little to the month of December. T'was a busy month, as Decembers usually are. Highlights include a couple family parties (bet you didn't see that one coming) a couple work parties (no mechanical bull this year), the lights at Temple Square and baking cookies with the girls.

Rather than exchange gifts with our close friends we had a sharing night, hosted by Camille and Tim. We gathered at their home to eat soup, drink a little vino and then we got into the sharing portion of the evening. Poetry, Christmas songs with, ummm, made up lyrics and even one with the real lyrics were among the "shares" of the evening. Have you heard "Long Way Around The Sea" by Low? Because it's beautiful and Aaron, Tim and Brittany really did it justice. William made wooden nickels because that's his thing. He always says, "Don't take any wooden nickels." And now he's made some and they're personalized for our kids and everything. Even for the 2 who aren't born! (I'm talking about our friends' kids folks. The McDonough family is complete.) So now it's time to take wooden nickels, I guess. Anyway, it was a beautful evening and I hope it becomes a tradition.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I know the sharing party didn't include your dance but I really think you should post that for the world to see. Maybe a talent scout will see it!

Jenny said...

Well my phone would be ringing off the hook so I can't post it. Oh, wait it's on Youtube and no calls yet...