Monday, January 12, 2009

Potty Talk




We are in the midst of potty training Laney. It's not going well. Here is a sample of tonight's attempt:

Me: Good night Laney. Love you.

Laney: I need to go potty.

Me: [knowing nothing is going to happen and she's just trying to prolong bedtime, but then what if she really does need to go and this is our big breakthrough and I miss it by ignoring her request...] OK! Let's go potty.

[We head to the bathroom sans diaper. First she sits on the big potty.]

Laney: I going potty!
.............

(nothing is happening)
Laney: I go on little potty!

[We switch to the little potty]

Laney: I tan do it!

[she's not doing it]
Me: You can do it!

Laney: [yells loud to Jason] Daddy I going potty!

Jason: [yells from the kitchen] Yay Laney! You can do it!

[She's still not doing it]

Laney: Mommy, I talking on the potty! You have a beard?

Me: No, I don't have a beard. Stop talking and go potty. YOU CAN DO IT!

Laney: O-tay. Oh, no beard, mommy? You have legs?

Me: Yes, I have legs. Please go potty.

Laney: O-tay. I love potty. I taste the potty?

Me: NO! Never taste the potty. The potty is dirty!

Laney: [sticks her hand in the potty and then her mouth before I can stop her and exclaims:
B-icious!

(Luckily she's on the little potty; there is nothing in it and it's relatively clean, but still...ewwww)
We wash her hands and that's that.

3 comments:

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Oh, wow. Fun!

Mandy said...

Oh, I can totally relate! Although none of mine ever wanted to taste the potty!
That's great, I'm still laughing!

Sassy Grammy Tammy said...

Laney is great entertainment. I can hardly wait to get my hands on the girls this weekend! I love you all. By the way Jen, that video was awesome, thanks.