Monday, December 29, 2008

Already There

Exhibit A

I really should be updating this blog, but instead I am checking all of your blogs to see if you've updated. I have a lot to catch up on, it being the holidays and all, but I'm out of energy today so I give you this by Jason:

A Lesson Learned (See Exhibit A): It snowed earlier this week and I had told the girls that we’d play in the snow as I shoveled the driveway. I’d found Millie’s snow pants but I couldn’t find some to fit Laney and, knowing that everything comes in two these days to satisfy them both, I decided that I needed a creative solution to the problem. Grabbing the plastic wrap I proceeded to wrap the pieces and fasten them to Laney’s legs and lower torso with tape. It was a success and I laughed my ass off at how much of a redneck I was. We had fun in the snow and Laney kept dry despite her spastic snow angels. Well, Jenny comes home and I’m telling her what I did and “how silly is that” and I’m doing something as she goes downstairs. Within minutes she brought up a bag with mittens and gloves and snow pants. Lesson: know when to get creative and when to use what’s already there.

1 comment:

Sassy Grammy Tammy said...

Ok I have to say that I belly laughed over the plastic wrap. What a great idea. I think that you get your creativity from me.
Dad would have just taken you out without anything and let you get soaking wet. Of course the women in your life know where the snow clothes are! I'm still laughing...