Tuesday, December 16, 2008

B

You know how some kids get attached to their blankets and protest when you wash them because they like the, ummm, funky smell they tend to get after after they've been dragged around for a few days? Well, Laney is kind of the opposite of that. Yes, she's attached to her blanket (Ye-ow B) and yes, she protests when I wash it, but only because I can't wash it fast enough. She wants that fresh from the the dryer smell all the time. I guess I shouldn't complain about her cleanliness fetish, but it is kind of annoying. She has 2 yellow bs and 2 pink ones. Lately only the yellow ones will do (Ye-oww b, Ye-oww b) and I can't wash them often enough. So I've been tricking her... Sometimes I just put one in the dryer and then let her see me get it out and that is enough to appease her. Next I'll be telling you I rubbed it with a dryer sheet for a minute to make it smell fresher. Hmmm, not a bad idea!

4 comments:

sarah said...

brandon some times comments that elliot's sheepy, upon which he sleeps and drools, smells "very...human." Sometimes it get so bad that elliot reacquires his own human smell from sheepy. at this point we say that elliot "smells like the rennaissance."

Janelle said...

You were thinking when you bought backup B's. We had a drama today when we couldn't find it (I mean "her" Luke decided B is a girl) Finally around dinner time I found B shoved into the paper bag drawer. Oh the places those blankies go!

shabbyshanks said...

None of this smelly business is helped by Bicky's (Millie's B) corners being shoved up her nose as she sleeps (she luckily doesn't do this any more) or that Laney puts B in her mouth with her thumb. Smell of the Renaissance? Maybe. I was actually thinking pre-Revolution Paris when Jenny suggested perfuming it with a dryer sheet to cover up the character. I think the character's name is de Gaulle.

Sassy Grammy Tammy said...

Yeh, blanky's are funny things. Amanda had a lamb blanky that she called her rabbit blanky. Jason didn't have a blanket. He had a red swimming suit that he would't take off. When we went places he had to wear it under his clothes. So, son, I can relate to the smell of pre-Revolution Paris.