Thursday, September 25, 2008

Candle Huffer

So Laney has been driving me a little crazy lately. She has been nutty about wanting to smell all of the candles we have in the house and there are many, not like my-house-is-a-Pottery Barn-many, but many nonetheless. She wants to carry them around and take them with her when we run errands. I'm fine with her smelling them, but I don't want her carrying them around since they:

1. Are in glass containers
2. Are heavy
3. Can smash her toes if she drops them

I've been letting her smell them when we're in the house and I'm supervising her. As I watch her try to cram her entire face into the top of the candle, I am reminded of when I was pregnant with Millie and the smell of meat was enough to send me wretching into the bathroom. If Jason wanted to eat meat he had to cook it himself. Outside. While I stayed as far away from him as possible hunched over a candle huffing away at it like some desperate teenager with a paper bag full of glue. It was the only way to keep the smell of that damn meat from tainting my delicate nostrils. Those were the days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I too couldn't handle meat well red meat for that matter. Just thought of it made my stomach turn. Not sure if this really is connected or not but Sariah wont eat red meat. Wounder if it was due to me not ever eating it when she was in my tummy?